0

Diet

 SPEAKING OF BAD DIETS... 

Today I read this on my FACEBOOK horoscope...

Your Daily Horoscope: February 26, 2010

Virgo Aug. 23 - Sept 22 (Wrong Sign?)
Today might be the day that you are done with your current diet program, Virgo. It's entirely possible that you've reached a plateau that is hard to get beyond, so you've decided to look at options in order to improve your results. It could also be about discovering that you're allergic to something, and that eliminating it from your diet works a miracle in your life. Your advantage lies in looking at the possibilities, and hearing the advice you might not want to hear, in order to find the thing that works best for you.
I highlighted the point that caught my attention. "You are done with your current diet program"? WHAT "current diet program"?! I have NO "current diet program", unless you count the T-Diet I have endeavored on (Tortas, Tamales, Tacos, Tripitas, Tequila) and I would add the Fatties... but even in Spanish, they do not start with "T" (Gorditas).
I know, "you should take better care of yourself; pandas aren't supposed to be eating crap like that! You're supposed to be eating bamboo!" But, people, this panda is tired of being on a life-long diet. I think that dieting is one of the constants in my life. I was on a diet when I was five, six, seven, eight... then when I was 14, 15, 16, 17... and then again when I was in my twenties... by the time I was 28 I decided that I was done with diets and that I was going to live happy. 
Yes, I cheated in many of my diets, but we all do it... particularly when you're a kid and you are hooked on gansitos...I mean, they're so creamy and filled with strawberry jam and all chocolaty and things... mmmm
I was always envious of my sister's weigh. She was -- and still is -- very beautiful. And when I was a kid, I always felt like my mom would love my sister more because she was thinner. Of course, that only made me want to be thinner just to "gain" my mother's love -- hence, I was very envious at my sister because no matter how hard I tried, I was not as thin as she was... and when I was thin, it was merely because of all the chemicals I allowed in my system. Now that I've grown older (inevitably) and wiser (I hope) I know that love is not provided by how thin, or how fat, or how tall or short a person is. Real love, that is; this kind of love has to be provided by who you are, not how you look like because looks fade away, soul and personality don't. Too bad that not many think this way.
So, after a lifetime of dieting, of taking meds to reduce appetite, poking my body with chemicals to make it loose weigh, gym time in excess and all that stuff that led me with nothing more than an inactive thyroids and back problems, I can say that my "current diet plan" is to eat when I'm hungry, and eat what I want. Screw carbs, screw atkins, and screw everyone who is trying to make you feel bad because you like chocolate, ice cream, and cheese! 
Viva La Happiness!!! 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Siguiente Anterior Inicio

Memories