2

Nothing worse than an unmotivated teacher

Today is Monday and there is nothing worse in this world than to come to school and teach a class when you have no desire to do so. Today was one of those days. I suddenly remembered my old mentors, particularly Federico Perez Casio, when he would show up in the mornings and announced that he wasn't in the mood to teach a class.

How much we dreaded those words coming out of his mouth! The class was then boring, tedious, and given the chance, he would go into a dictation rampage that would leave us with our hands sore. Now, as I look back at my class this morning, I think to myself, "my god! I am one of those teachers now!" I did not want to give a class -- somehow the class fairy has slipped away from my spirits today and thus enforced the "I will write grammar exercises on the board for you to copy" rule. It was boring. Even for me it was boring. Might as well just let them sleep while we were at it.

I hope tomorrow it comes with better intentions...




FALLING ASLEEP IN CLASS
by Kenn Nesbitt

I fell asleep in class today,
as I was awfully bored.
I laid my head upon my desk
and closed my eyes and snored.
I woke to find a piece of paper
sticking to my face.
I’d slobbered on my textbooks,
and my hair was a disgrace.
My clothes were badly rumpled,
and my eyes were glazed and red.
My binder left a three-ring
indentation in my head.
I slept through class, and probably
I would have slept some more,
except my students woke me
as they headed out the door.

2 comments:

Kenn

I agree, Miss Panda. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Please tell your students I said "hi!" I hope you read my poem to them as well. Cheers, Kenn.

Miss Rain

I actually have, Mr Nesbitt! ^____^ They enjoyed it just as much as I did when I first read it. Thank you!!!

Post a Comment

Siguiente Anterior Inicio

Memories